Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Log Boy is Lost - SotD 113

I made a sketch of Log Boy probably about over a year ago now, but I've always sort of wanted to color that sketch, and this is the result of finding that sketchbook and coloring that sketch. Quite liked working on this one, much more photo based than normal, was just a lot of fun to step outside my normal methods on this, even though you probably can't tell. Turned into a pretty involved sketch-a-day, so that is the reason for the late posting.

This was only really supposed to be filler until I could get a bit further on the Skyrim guy in the below post.   It was so hard to stop working on it though.

So I put him in the woods. Being a log, probably not the easiest missing persons to find.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweeet!X3

Dave Armstrong said...

That log dresses like a hipster.

Mike Puncekar said...

Thanks drend.

Dave: Well, an eco conscious outdoorsy type would get lost in the woods I feel like. But hipster? They get lost and disappear all the time taking vintage looking dslr pictures.

Mike Puncekar said...

Wouldn't* get lost. Why don't these comments have edit buttons. I don't proofread anything.

Unknown said...

I love the framing of the large foreground trees. It really helps getting the "lost" feeling across.

Kyle Price said...

Log Boy rules! Great concept and execution.