Monday, May 23, 2011

Just Lurkin' Around - SotD 116

Painted up a monster. Not entirely sure where this one came from. It strikes me as something that would find it's home in a Resident Evil or Silent Hill game. I mean, it has chains from the ceiling and everything. But I've never really played those games. I'm hoping for a silent hill 2 play soon with a friend, but I think the only horror games I've tried to get through have been Amnesia and F.E.A.R.

Amnesia was a success in that I beat it with a friend and there was much rejoicing and the pumping out of chests.  Not so much a success that it had drilled into my deepest fears and turned me into a easily startled mess. "Storage"will never be a normal word to me again. It will not be a container of any sort. It will be the place that got a very true "I am going to die" throat tearing scream out of me. It is one of the best games I've ever played. But I will NEVER play it again. At least it wasn't as bad as this dude... (Not Work Safe due to really explicit language- and also, spoilers. So don't watch if you are ever going to play it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY

You'll be thinking, what is wrong with this guy, but... he's just vocalizing exactly what is happening inside your head while you are at the controls. The build-up and mood of it is just... terrifyingly perfect. Everyone should play through it once.

3 comments:

Bernadette said...

word. most interesting monster concept I've seen in a long while. plus super dope rendering/colors

Mike Puncekar said...

Ah thanks. I'm pretty happy with the end result, as I would never ever post it's humble beginnings, that were... well just not good.

Melisa Des Rosiers said...

haha I completely agree with you on Amnesia! Haven't finished playing it yet.. errr.. watching the boy play it... and I really enjoy how the monster fades into the murky red darkness. I can definitely see this guy in Silent Hill or Resident Evil hands down.