Monday, May 23, 2011

Just Lurkin' Around - SotD 116

Painted up a monster. Not entirely sure where this one came from. It strikes me as something that would find it's home in a Resident Evil or Silent Hill game. I mean, it has chains from the ceiling and everything. But I've never really played those games. I'm hoping for a silent hill 2 play soon with a friend, but I think the only horror games I've tried to get through have been Amnesia and F.E.A.R.

Amnesia was a success in that I beat it with a friend and there was much rejoicing and the pumping out of chests.  Not so much a success that it had drilled into my deepest fears and turned me into a easily startled mess. "Storage"will never be a normal word to me again. It will not be a container of any sort. It will be the place that got a very true "I am going to die" throat tearing scream out of me. It is one of the best games I've ever played. But I will NEVER play it again. At least it wasn't as bad as this dude... (Not Work Safe due to really explicit language- and also, spoilers. So don't watch if you are ever going to play it)

You'll be thinking, what is wrong with this guy, but... he's just vocalizing exactly what is happening inside your head while you are at the controls. The build-up and mood of it is just... terrifyingly perfect. Everyone should play through it once.


Bernadette said...

word. most interesting monster concept I've seen in a long while. plus super dope rendering/colors

Mike Puncekar said...

Ah thanks. I'm pretty happy with the end result, as I would never ever post it's humble beginnings, that were... well just not good.

Melisa Des Rosiers said...

haha I completely agree with you on Amnesia! Haven't finished playing it yet.. errr.. watching the boy play it... and I really enjoy how the monster fades into the murky red darkness. I can definitely see this guy in Silent Hill or Resident Evil hands down.