Monday, March 2, 2009

Sketch-a-day 031

Little Update: Did another hours worth of painting this morning after I woke up. Hopefully once I kind of start to render out some things, the strong ashley wood appearance will fade. I love the dude, but I don't want to be him.  Still having alot of fun doing this one though.



The beginnings of my comic book cover, for comic book class. It features hex and the monster from my previous comic book page, just duking it out. Hoping in the end to leave this one really really loose, but really going in and tightning up the important stuff. To give almost a false focus. I won't be doing it in the stye of the comicbook pages. Tommorrow, gonna wake up and paint some more on it and continue "drawing". This is the first time I've done a technique like this. 

First I gestured it all out, no pre sketch on the board. Then just took paint rags and started to take away, rub out, and add turp. Then said "o.k." and wiped it all down again and glazed the entire thing with a almost black brown and started over again, repositioning things where I wanted them. Then started to take away again. Don't love it yet, but I think it's a good start, and I'm really excited to detail out and fade, and really push and pull things. Taking awhile, getting used to oils again, but what more fun way to start? Technically a finger painting.  

So I guess I lied about the stories, as I will most likely be posting progresses of this. We will see.

No comments: