Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Crazy, and a Pirate.

An assignment for Illustration Methods. We had to do a full-size face with an emphasis on "expression". I still have no idea if that means whether the subject is expressive... or the mark is expressive. Oh well. The acrylics worked out, so I'm happy. It photographed with that light gradient... I kept it as you can see. Nice happy little accident. 



This guy was for another blog (sparetimedesign.blogspot.com). It's all CCAD illustration majors, and every two weeks there will be a new theme. This weeks theme was "pirate", so I took it in my own little direction since I figured everyone was gonna do overcoats and pirate hats, and missing limbs and all that. The story behind this pirate is he's the type that goes into active battlezones while war rages, and he loots and steals till his little hearts content. I want to take this concept further, since I rather like it. 


No comments: